April is one of the best months to cruise the west coast of Scotland - here are five good reasons to book your April 2017 cruise now.
1. All our April cruises are 10% less in price, because its early season; and yet the gourmet food, the customer service, the scenery, the wildlife and often the weather is just as good as any other month - a bargain!
2. We cruise in the western isles, so the weather is very changeable on any day on any month of the season. In April 2016 we had snow on some days and glorious sunshine on others! Maritime weather provides ever changing dramatic and beautiful scenery which guests marvel at from the comfort of the vessel. Rainbows are reflected in the sea lochs, cloud patterns chase along the landscape, skies are huge with layers of shape and light.
3. Daylight is shorter in April so sunrises are perfectly timed for breakfast and sunsets for dinner, with the depth of light and colour often very dramatic at this time of year. Evenings are dark, therefore perfect for viewing spectacular starry nights, or a bright moon reflected on the water, from our remote anchorages with no light pollution.
4. An April cruise will shake off the lethargy of winter in the best possible way. Sea air and amazing scenery will revive the spirits, while getting pampered with delicious food and amazing scenery. Shore trips will provide exercise at whatever level suits, while providing inspiration to learn more about the unique culture and environment of the west coast of Scotland.
5. Locally sourced ingredients, from spring lamb and seafood to new season vegetables are at their very best in April, providing inspiration for our Chefs and gourmet delights for our guests.
Choose from 6 different exclusive cruise itineraries for your refreshing spring break, including one 3-night short cruise and five 6-night cruises. Here are some reviews from our guests:
16 April 2016 :Private Cruise 3 Nights
My husband and myself were lucky enough to be invited on a 3 night private charter cruise on The Glen Tarsan by my brother and his wife to celebrate their Ruby Wedding Anniversary. We can honestly say that it was a trip of a lifetime. Nothing was too much trouble for our crew, with special thanks to Bosun Darren for constantly refilling the teapots! The food was to die for, as were the views. My husband was slightly nervous regarding being on the water and making transfers on the little tender, but we always felt very safe and looked after. To anyone out there who is hesitant about cruising with The Majestic Line, take the plunge, it will be the experience of a lifetime. We are now saving up to take a trip with you on our own. Kay and Colin
23 April 2016: Around Mull : Inlets and Islands
Felt a real sense of excitement on boarding the Glen Massan for my first ever cruise and the 6 night holiday far exceeded my expectations. Skipper Martin and his crew, Robert, Andy and Chef Michael, worked seemingly effortlessly to provide a most memorable experience for us all and we all enjoyed each other's company despite extremes of weather. Huge thanks to all! Jane, Berkeley, Gloucestershire